Board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons, Dr. Panio is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and has dedicated his career to excellence in Orthopedic surgery. He received both his undergraduate and medical degrees from Cornell University. He completed , residencies in both General and Orthopedic Surgery at New York Hospital and The Hospital for Special Surgery respectively. Dr. Panio is one of only a few physicians in Westchester County currently licensed by the FDA to perform the Oxford meniscal-sparing knee replacement surgery.
Dr. Panio taught anatomy for 15 years at Cornell Medical College, and is cited in more than 385 publications. He is recognized widely for his significant achievements in orthopedic research, and he has served the medical community broadly as a consultant, instructor, and guest lecturer.
- General Orthopedic surgery
- Oxford meniscal-bearing knee replacement
- Joint replacement surgery
Education & Memberships
- Cornell University Medical College
- Residency - Orthopedic Surgery, The Hospital for Special Surgery
- Residency - General Surgery, New York Hospital
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons